Holds & Renewals
Most Russell Library material may be renewed twice, unless it is on "hold" for another patron or more than 14 days overdue. Please check the Loan Limits, Renewals and Fines Chart for the exceptions and specifics.
You may renew items in three ways:
- In Person: Come to the library with or without the material.
- By Phone: Call the Circulation Department during business hours,
860-347-2528, and press option #3.
- Online: Use our online catalog or any PAC terminal in the library.
For help with the PAC or online catalog ask at the Information Desk,
or call 347-2520.
- If an item you would like is being used by another patron, you may request that a reserve or "hold" be placed on that item.
- "Requests" for materials listed as "Available" are not ready until you get an email notification or phone call from our Circulation Department.
- When the item is returned, your reserve will be linked to the item. The Russell Library Circulation Department will call you when your hold is ready. It is important that they have your current phone number for timely notification.
- Most items owned by the Russell Library and other libraries in the LION system may be placed on hold.
- Items not in the collection of Russell Library or another LION library may be requested through the state wide system.
- For questions and exceptions contact the Information Department.
The Information Department will help you locate the desired item and place your reserve. You may call them directly at 347-2520.
Use our online catalog from outside the library or any PAC (catalog computer) inside the library to place a reserve yourself.