Russell Library has migrated to a new library system!
The Russell Library has moved to LCI (Library Connection, Inc)
- The first time you login to your account you will be asked to set up a pin.
- If you want to receive Hold Alerts via text, login to your account, go to edit account, scroll to Mobile Settings and enter your phone number, then under Hold Pickup Notice Mobile Alerts, choose Opt-in. Scroll to the bottom and click the SUBMIT button.
- If you need assistance, please call us at 860-347-2528.
Why did the library move to a new library consortium?
There are many reasons, including:
- Significantly lower annual operations fees
- LCI’s innovative practices and user-friendly online catalog
- Russell’s geographic proximity to other LCI consortium libraries (such as Portland, Cromwell, Berlin, and others)
- 1.2 million more items are available for borrowing via other LCI libraries
Overdrive has informed us that the Libby app was supposed to automatically redirect users to the new catalog but it is not working correctly so you are going to need to manually update your Libby account. Here’s how:
1. To add a new library to your Libby app, open the app and tap the Libby icon in the bottom center of the app screen.
2. Select the option to “Add a Library”.
3. Type “Russell library” or “Middletown” in the “Library name, city, or ZIP” search bar.
4. Tap Russell Library in the search results to go to LCI’s Libby page. From here, click on “Russell Library”.
5. On the next screen, type in your library card number and tap “Sign In”.
6. That’s it! You’re in!
Removing a card from Libby
Once you have added Library Connection (LCI) to your Libby app, you will need to remove Libaries Online (Lion).
1. Tap the Libby icon in the bottom center of the app screen.
2. Tap cards+ (found under “Your Libraries”)
3. Make sure that Library Connection is selected as your card. Then tap Actions on the Libraries Online (Lion) card.
4. Tap Remove Card and then Yes, Remove Card.
If you set Libby up on other devices with a setup code, the library card will automatically be removed from those as well.
There are a lot of questions when a library moves to another system. Check out some of the most common below.
What is a library consortium?
A group of libraries that share a library catalog and resources.
Which libraries are in Library Connection, Inc. (LCI) ?
You can see a list of member libraries here.
Do I need to register for a new library card?
No. Your current card number and anything checked out on your account will automatically transfer to the new system.
If there are no auto-renewals, will I be charged late fees?
No. Russell Library is fine-free. There are no charges for overdue materials.
Will I lose my place in line for the holds I have?
No. All holds will be merged into the LCI system by the date they were placed.
Will I still be able to use my Russell Library card at Libraries Online (LION) libraries?
Yes. Your Russell Library card is accepted at all public libraries in the state of Connecticut.
What about my Libby (eBooks) account?
Your Libby account will transfer automatically, along with your Libby holds and wishlist.
Will I still be able to use Hoopla??
Yes! Hoopla is a separate product. It will not be affected by the migration.
123 Broad Street
Middletown CT 06457
Sunday 1-5pm (October-March)