Libby: eBooks, audiobooks & magazines
Libby: Borrowing Limits
Materials may be borrowed for 14 days.
Materials may be renewed for 14 days if there are no holds on the items.
eBooks do not renew automatically. Please see the Libby Renewals button below.
10 loans at one time
10 holds at one time
Borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, phone or TV!
You can stream titles instantly through your desktop browser or the mobile app. If you use the mobile app, you can also download titles to your device for offline playback later.
hoopla: Borrowing Limits
Books are available for 21 days, videos are available for 72 hours, and music titles are available for 7 days after you borrow.
Items may also be renewed. This will use one of your remaining borrows for the month.
Borrow up to four items every month.
Welcome to the Palace App
To download the app, simply search for the Palace Project in the App Store for iPhone users or Google Play for Android users.
The app is not available for Android 4.3, Android 4.2, 4.1, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.7, 2.2. The Palace app is also notcompatible with Nooks, Kindles, or Kobo e-readers. Basically, if you have an older device, this app may not be compatible or available for download.
Once you download the app, you will have to swipe left through a few Palace graphics explaining three steps to take to get started on the app. After you swipe through the graphics, you will be prompted to select your library. Russell Library patrons will select The Russell Library. If you are from another town or city, you can still use the Palace app under your home library. Simply search for it after downloading the app.
Click the button for more detailed instructions for getting started with the Palace App.
If the Libby app is not showing the Russell Library’s new catalog (LCI), you are going to need to manually update your Libby account.
1. To add a new library to your Libby app, open the app and tap the Libby icon in the bottom center of the app screen.
2. Select the option to “Add a Library”.
3. Type “Russell library” or “Middletown” in the “Library name, city, or ZIP” search bar.
4. Tap Russell Library in the search results to go to LCI’s Libby page. From here, click on “Russell Library”.
5. On the next screen, type in your library card number and tap “Sign In”.
6. That’s it! You’re in!
Remove a card from Libby
Once you have added Library Connection (LCI) to your Libby app, you will need to remove the old catalog: Libraries Online (Lion).
1. Tap the Libby icon in the bottom center of the app screen.
2. Tap cards+ (found under “Your Libraries”)
3. Make sure that Library Connection is selected as your card. Then tap Actions on the Libraries Online (Lion) card.
4. Tap Remove Card and then Yes, Remove Card.
If you set Libby up on other devices with a setup code, the library card will automatically be removed from those as well.
123 Broad Street
Middletown CT 06457
Sunday 1-5pm (October-March)