Reserving a Meeting Room
How to Reserve a Meeting Room
Reservations for the Hubbard Room and the Library’s two meeting rooms can be made by phone up to 60 days in advance.
Reservations are generally limited to 12 per year. Due to high demand for the meeting rooms, the library is unable to guarantee the same location, date, and time for each reservation.
Individuals may request use of Meeting Rooms 2 and 3 for up to two (2) hours by contacting the Information Services Desk in person or by phone at 860-347-2520.
To reserve the Hubbard Room, please call 860-347-2528, X172.
Cancellations should be made at least 48 hours in advance or as soon as possible by calling the Information Desk at 860-347-2520.
The library may cancel a reservation by a non-library organization or individual if a room is needed for library purposes. In the event of conflicting reservations, the Library will make every effort to offer an alternate location, date, or time as soon as it’s aware of the problem.
- Meeting rooms are available during the library’s regular hours. Please schedule events so that they will end at least fifteen (15) minutes before the library closes.
- All meeting Room bookings require a contact person who will be responsible for the meeting or event. The contact person is expected to check in with the Security/Information Services Desk upon arrival, run the meeting or event, and restore the room to its original condition.
- The name and address of the library may not be used as the official address or mailing address for groups or organizations using the meeting rooms. Publicity for events is the reesponsibility of the individual or group that books the space.
- Meeting rooms cannot be used for entrepreneurial or commercial purposes, for the solicitation of business, for profit or fundraising other than fundraising that supports the library. No goods or services will be promoted, sold, or exchanged on library premises.
- Organizations using meeting rooms should not leave children unsupervised in the library.
- Russell Library is a non-smoking building. No smoking, including electronic cigarettes, will be permitted in any of the rooms.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Behavior disruptive to regular library activities will not be permitted.
The Hubbard Room is primarily for large events and meetings.
Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling 860-347-2528, X172.
Each group using the room must assign a contact person (age 18 or older) who will be in attendance and responsible for proper use of the room, including:
- Signing and completing Russell Library’s Hubbard Room Rental Contract.
- Arriving at least one half hour before the event time.
- Returning the room to its original condition at the end of the event.
- Making sure attendees have time to leave the library before it closes.
- Reporting the final number of attendees to the library.
Event times should be scheduled to include thirty (30) minutes of set up time and thirty (30) minutes for clean-up.
The Library facilities staff can assist with basic room setup for reasonable meeting needs with advance notice.
A small kitchenette is available for limited food preparation. Its use must be requested before the event. Cooking is strictly prohibited. All food service equipment, including cups, plates, silverware, tablecloths, etc. must be provided by the organization reserving the room.
Hubbard Room Capacity:
100 (80 on chairs, 6 on window seat, 14 standing)
- Tables and chairs
- Projection Screen
- Projector. Individuals who want to use the projector MUST SCHEDULE an A/V appointment at least two weeks before requested meeting date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Rooms 2 and 3 are primarily for small group meetings and tutoring sessions.
- Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- Reservations will be held for fifteen (15) minutes. After that, the room may be made available to walk-in requests.
- Individuals may reserve up to two (2) hours in a meeting room by contacting the Information Services Desk in person or by phone at 860-347-2528.
- Food and drink are allowed but must stay in the meeting rooms. Cooking is strictly prohibited.
Meeting Room 2 and 3 Capacity: 15 – 20
- Tables and chairs (you may move them into your preferred set-up).
- White boards (You must supply your own white board markers and eraser.)
- Flat screen with laptop hook-up. Individuals who want to use their laptop with the flat screen MUST SCHEDULE an A/V appointment at least two weeks before their meeting date by emailing email@example.com.