Printing & Computer Services
Printing from a Mobile Device
Print documents, photos, web pages from mobile devices. Simply download PrinterOn, a free app for phones and tablets, and then follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: All documents are automatically deleted every night. If you send a print job when the library is closed, we cannot retrieve it before it is deleted. Please send print jobs Monday-Saturday, 9am-4pm.
Print Now! Click the icon below to begin.
Mobile Printing Instructions
Download the app.
Printing from Email
- You can print emails and attachments to the Library printer directly from your email account using any device that has access to your email.
- The Black and White and Color printers at the Library each have their own e-mail address:
Black & White Printer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Color Printer: email@example.com
Print from Email Instructions
- Log into your email account and locate the email and/or attachment that you wish to print.
- To print the message and attachment, forward or send an email to one of the email addresses listed above. PLEASE NOTE: All documents are automatically deleted every night. If you send a print job when the library is closed, we cannot retrieve it before it is deleted. Please send print jobs Monday-Saturday 9am-7pm. Sunday 1pm-4pm (October-March).
- Contact the Info Desk at 860-347-2528 to schedule pickup if you would like Curbside Pickup of your documents.
- 10 cents per page for black & white prints or 50 cents per page for color prints.
Printers, a copier, and scanners are available for public use on the second floor of the library.
Photocopier: 10 cents per page for black & white prints or 50 cents per page for color prints.
Fax: Please see a librarian about faxing options.
Computers are available for one-hour sessions at all stations except the two Quick Service computer stations, which are walk-up and limited to 15 minute sessions.
Appointments may made in advance through the Information Desk.
Sessions are 60 minutes long, one session per day, per person. We cannot renew or extend sessions.
There are also five computers available in the children’s department.
Career Center Computers are reserved for career-related use only. This includes filling out job applications, creating resumes, taking employment tests, participating in online job-related workshops and training. Sessions are 2.5 hours long.
All patrons, whether Middletown residents or not, are allowed to use our computers.
These procedures are subject to change without notice due to library needs and public health conditions.
What does a mobile hotspot do?
A mobile hotspot is an electronic device that makes it possible to use the internet in areas with no service. It uses 3G and 4G networks, just like a smartphone. Once it has picked up a cellular data connection, it can share that connection with other devices.
What kind of devices work with a mobile hotspot?
Many WiFi enabled electronics can connect with the internet using a hotspot, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, game consoles, and other devices.
Mobile Hotspots Guidelines
- Mobile Hotspots are available to adults with library cards in good standing
- Lending period: three weeks.
- No renewals.
- No holds.
- Must be returned to Russell Library at the Circulation Desk whenever the library is open. Hotspots returned to another library will be considered lost and a replacement fee will be charged.
- Hotspots will be disconnected after 24 hours if not returned. If the hotspot is lost or permanently damaged, the replacement cost is $100.
- Limit one per household, please.
Hotspots are available for checkout at the main desk of the library.
The library reserves the right to refuse hotspots to cardholders who abuse them or who are repeatedly late in returning them.
The library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expenses resulting from use or misuse of library hotspots, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from the use of the hotspot.
Any use of the device for illegal purposes, unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material in any format, or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory, or obscene materials is prohibited.
123 Broad Street, Middletown CT 06457
Mon-Thurs 9am-8pm, Fri-Sat 9am-5pm
Sunday 1-5pm (October-March)