Printing and Computer Services
Public computers are available beginning Monday, July 27th.
- Computers are available by appointment for all stations except the Quick Service computer stations, which are walk-up and limited to 15 minute sessions.
- PLEASE NOTE: 5 out of the 6 computer stations are standing stations. The sixth station is an ADA-accessible station.
- Appointments are made in advance through the Information Desk (860-347-2528, X125)
- Appointments are available at 10am, 11am, Noon, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm.
- Sessions are 45 minutes long, one session per day, per person. We cannot renew or extend sessions. This is because we have far fewer computers than before due to social distancing requirements, so they are in higher demand, and because the Health Department is not encouraging lingering in any spaces.
- There is one Quick Service computer in the children’s department, limited to 15 minute sessions.
- All patrons, whether Middletown residents or not, are allowed to use our computers.
- Keyboards and mice are wiped down by staff after each use.
- Patrons and staff should wash/sanitize their hands after using library computers.
- These procedures are subject to change without notice due to library needs and public health conditions.
Printers, a copier, fax machine, and scanners are available for public use on the second floor of the library.
- Photocopier: The first 10 prints are free! After that, 10 cents per page for black & white prints or 50 cents per page for color prints.
- Public Fax (860-347-1374) – $1.00/page. Credit or Debit only.
Please note: We are not accepting cash at this time and we cannot make change. If you go beyond your free copies, please place any cash for copies into our lobby donation box. Thanks.
Print documents, photos, web pages from mobile devices. Simply download PrinterOn, a free app for phones and tablets, and then follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: All documents are automatically deleted every night. If you send a print job when the library is closed, we cannot retrieve it before it is deleted. Please send print jobs Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-4pm.Free Android App from Google Play Free ios App from iTunes
Print Now! Click the icon below to begin.
Printing from Email
- You can print emails and attachments to the Library printer directly from your email account using any device that has access to your email.
- The Black and White and Color printers at the Library each have their own e-mail address:
Black & White Printer: email@example.com
Color Printer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log into your email account and locate the email and/or attachment that you wish to print.
- To print the message and attachment, forward or send an email to one of the email addresses listed above. PLEASE NOTE: All documents are automatically deleted every night. If you send a print job when the library is closed, we cannot retrieve it before it is deleted. Please send print jobs Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-4pm.
- Contact the Info Desk at 860-347-2520 to schedule pickup. Pickup hours are Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.
The first 10 prints are free! After that, 10 cents per page for black & white prints or 50 cents per page for color prints.
What does a mobile hotspot do?
A mobile hotspot is an electronic device that makes it possible to use the internet in areas with no service. It uses 3G and 4G networks, just like a smartphone. Once it has picked up a cellular data connection, it can share that connection with other devices.
What kind of devices work with a mobile hotspot?
Many WiFi enabled electronics can connect with the internet using a hotspot, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, game consoles, and other devices.
- Mobile Hotspots are available to Middletown residents, 18 years or older, with library cards in good standing
- Lending period: three weeks; two renewals available if the hotspot isn’t on hold.
- Hotspots may be put on hold by calling the circulation desk or making a request online through the library’s catalog.
- Available for pickup at the Circulation Desk whenever the library is open.
- Must be returned to Russell Library at the Circulation Desk whenever the library is open. Hotspots returned to another library will be considered lost and a replacement fee will be charged.
- Hotspots will be disconnected after 24 hours if not returned. If the hotspot is lost or permanently damaged, the replacement cost is $25.
- Limit one per household, please.
Hotspots are available for checkout at the main desk of the library!